The Wings Over the Rockies Research Library was established to serve researchers and historians around the world. Its qualified all-volunteer staff specializes in providing and locating unique or uncommon materials and sources related to the history of aviation, rocketry and space exploration.
Technical and historical perspectives are significantly represented by:
- Over 10,000 book titles on aviation and aerospace.
- Over 700 periodicals covering ballooning, aviation, astronomy, aerospace in English and several foreign languages, including 19th Century- volumes published by l'Acade'mie francaise.
- Original Flight/Maintenance manuals for many of the airplanes stationed at the Lowry Air Force Base.
- Technical Orders/Manuals.
- Retrospective airline timetables.
- Commercial airline seat magazines.
- An eclectic collection of Flight/Maintenance manuals for commercial airliners.
- An exhaustive clippings file, housing articles, advertising, miscellaneous related ephemera.
- Working papers of contributors to aviation and space exploration.
- An extensive array of historical and contemporary maps/charts.
- Airline schedules, seat magazines.
- Over 500 VHS/DVDs.
- 7 linear feet of retrospective post cards.
- Access to the Museum's substantial avionics resource.
- Posters, calendars, aviation art.
- Working papers and blueprints to accompany the Museum's one-of-a-kind Ball-Bartoe Jetwing.
- The Museum's vast historical photograph collection depicting the history of Lowry AFB, military aircraft, local aviation history.
USING THE RESEARCH LIBRARY
Service is extended to all, worldwide.
To contact the Research Library:
; (303) 360-5360 ext. 119; 7711 E. Academy Blvd. Denver, CO 80230 USA Visitors to the Research Library need to pre-arrange an appointment. A modest donation is appropriate for services.