Think all of our volunteers are a bunch of gearheads? That you won't fit in unless you know the difference between a Delta Dart and a Thunderflash? Think again! Even if your enthusiasm for aviation surpasses your knowledge, we need you as a volunteer. You may already know how our B-1 differs from the B-1s currently in service, when a "Bolo" is not a tie, and why "pinks and greens" were not for the faint-of-heart. If so, then we need your expertise. If not, then Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum is where you will learn. Join our corps of volunteers and help preserve the history of aviation and space in Colorado for future generations.
Nearly every area of the museum is staffed by volunteers, from the Welcome Center volunteers who greet visitors as they enter the Museum, to the Operations personnel who close the Museum after all visitors have gone for the day. In between, there are many areas where we need your help.
Our hard-working volunteers would welcome your help in these areas and more:
- Craftsmen of all types are needed to help keep our World War II-era hangar in shape
- A&P and other handy people to work on restorations and maintenance on numerous aircraft
- Friendly faces to staff the Welcome Center and Museum Store
- Artists and history buffs to help design and build exhibits
- Share your knowledge with visitors from around the world as a Tour Guide
- Help staff with one of the many special events held at the Museum. We host an array of events such as conventions, sales meetings, fund-raisers and weddings.
Have we piqued your interest? For more information on becoming a volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 303-360-5360, ext. 130, stop by the Museum to pick up a Volunteer Brochure, or email
The volunteer meetings at Wings Over the Rockies are held on the second Saturday of the month (subject to special events) in the Lowry Room to discuss ongoing and future projects for the museum. New volunteers are welcome to join! New volunteer orientation beings at 10:00 a.m. immediately following the general meeting.