Open through July 12, 2014
From the first female pilot of a major U.S. airline to America’s first ace, Colorado Takes Off! celebrates 100 years of Colorado’s role in the world of aviation and aerospace, including:
- The Boulder native who went on to become one of the first Mercury astronauts
- The flight demonstration team that came before the Blue Angels—and even the Thunderbirds
- The daredevil pilot who turned an obsession into the world’s leading aeronautical charting company
- The parapalegic pilot to be the first to fly solo around the world
- The hometown aircraft company from Englewood that turned down Charles Lindbergh
Guests can explore artifacts, historic images, audio and video recordings of Colorado aviators and more than 30 detailed scale models and dioramas.
Be sure to visit the Mezzanine on your next trip to Wings and experience this one-of-a-kind, traveling exhibit.
The construction of Colorado Takes Off! was made possible by Jeppesen, Lockheed Martin and Redstone College.